Hotels and motels are full of signs,and they’re all essential for the smooth operation of the business. From the sign out front to the ones inside the rooms,they inform guests of vital information and make things go smoothly. Here are the top five must-have signs for every hotel.
1) The main business sign. This is the big lighted sign out front that lets people know your hotel exists. For a hotel,this sign can be at the top of a pole large enough to allow it to be seen from the freeway. If the hotel’s not near a freeway,the sign will still be very large so it can be spotted by people who don’t know exactly where they’re going. This makes it easy for tourists to find the business.
2) The reception sign. This is the sign that lets guests know important aspects of their hotel stay,like prices,checkout times and room options. It can be made with permanent printing or use changeable lettering. The office will usually have other signs as well. These signs will inform people if the need to use a night door after certain hours,show credit card logos or the logos of travel associations the hotel belongs to.
3) Room number signs. These basic signs are often custom made to reflect the hotel’s style,and they should all have the same design. If the hotel rooms open to the outdoors,the room number signs also need to be weatherproof. Room number signs should always be large enough to be read easily without having to walk up to each door to check it.
4) Emergency route and exit signs. Route signs are typically posted near main entrance doors,stairways and elevators. The inside of each room door also must have the exit route map clearly visible. Emergency exit signs are another necessary part of hotel signs hotel signage. These signs are the ones that say “exit” and stay lit even if there’s a power failure. They make it easy to evacuate the hotel in case of fire or other emergencies.
5) Smoking and no-smoking signs. These signs go on the outside of room doors so guests know whether smoking is allowed in each room. Whether or not guests are smokers,they like to know for sure that they’re in a room that matches their preference. Putting these signs up also helps prevent mix-ups in room assignments.
These five sign types are some of the most essential for every hotel. Some others you will likely want are handicapped signs for specially equipped rooms,parking lot signs,and directional signs for amenities like the ice machine,pool and exercise rooms. Order all the signs you need to allow everyone to find what they need without having to ask for directions. The increased efficiency will be appreciated by hotel workers and guests alike.